Health and Spiritual Empowerment - Kitukiro - Buyende
Visit by Ida Bazonoona on 2018-10-05
- Report ID
- Created by
- Ida Bazonoona
- Created date
- 2018-10-07 13:24:27 UTC
- Modified by
- Ida Bazonoona
- Modified date
- 2018-10-07 15:52:18 UTC
- Trip Time
- 10:32-18:25 (7 h 53 m)
- Village Time
- 13:23-15:39 (2 h 16 m)
- Travel Time
- 5 h 37 m
- Participation Rating
- They have built stoves for two people and got some money.
- Village Critical Needs
- They need Mvule program next.
- Village Action Steps
- Meeting every week
- Staff Action Steps
- Prepare lessons and call the group leader for updates
- Sanitation Hygiene Committee
- Water Users Committee
- Other Class Notes
- Community Ownership
- Ownership Story
- Three Stone Fires
- Access to Clean Water
- Open Defecation
- Water Access Explain
- Prevent Ownership
- Allow Ownership
- Village Notes
- They reported that their neighboring village is badly needing a well. The village is Bulondo which is almost four miles away but they draw water from their well which is straining the borehole and this causes breakdowns all the time. If possible consider this village too to ease their borehole from being pumped every time.
Health and Spiritual Empowerment Lesson
- Men Attendees
- Women Attendees
- Staff Attendees
- Ida Bazonona
- Government Attendees
- Visitor Attendees
- Jos and Jes. The couple that came with Chad Smith.
- Total Attendance
- Lesson Taught
- Bible Lesson 7: The Tongue
- Ida went to Kitukiro with the visitors to teach a bible lesson about “The Tongue “
She if anyone knew what the Tongue was, one member pulled out her tongue and showed the community, the second one said that it’s the language, Tofa said that banana plants have tongues too.
Ida thanked everyone who participated and told them that they were going to talk about the Tongue Namukose (the first member pulled out)
It’s one of the small parts of our bodies but can cause huge problems. Let’s read from James 3:2-12.
After the lesson Ida told a true story which made the community puzzled, the story touched them and they started asking what happened next.
Ida told them that the victims in the story had to face consequences such as
The pregnant woman lost her baby though she was innocent.
The husband was sentenced seven years in prison.
The romor monger was chased from the community.
The marriage broke up.
Tofa asked what should they do to stop this problem?
Ida gave them three strainers to sieve every word before speaking anything.And the sieves are
1. Is what am about to speak true?
2. Is it worth to speak?
3. Will it unite.
If any word refuses to pass through even one sieve, never say a word go and dig in your garden because you will harvest in the long run.
Ida concluded by giving them a memory verse from Ephesians 4:29.
After the closing prayer one member took Ida at a side and whispered to her if there was any one who went to Jinja and told her what was going in his life.
Ida assured him that no one took rumors to Jinja but that is God’s way of talking to people. He said that he used his tongue badly and caused problems but he wants to change and be a good who will bring peace and harmony to his community. He asked Ida to help and go with him but she asked the community to help their brother which they agreed.Two members volunteered to go and settle the matter.
Ida will follow up on phone to find out how things went.
Next Visit: 2018-10-17 - Purpose: Teach about mixing chicken Feeds.