Water Sanitation and Hygiene - Kisiro - Namutumba
Visit by David Balimunsi on 2018-12-17
- Report ID
- Created by
- David Balimunsi
- Created date
- 2018-12-18 00:30:09 UTC
- Modified by
- David Balimunsi
- Modified date
- 2018-12-18 04:35:57 UTC
- Trip Time
- 09:28-18:29 (9 h 1 m)
- Village Time
- 12:35-15:44 (3 h 9 m)
- Travel Time
- 5 h 52 m
- Which Survey
- Number Of Households
- Visits Purpose
- Assesing the sanitation progress
- Staff Attendees
- David Balimunsi,Steven Kambale
- Government Attendees
- David and Steven were in the village to encourage the community members to work and improve on their sanitation standards .Their emphasis was to start encouraging the community members to improve on their sanitation standards especially from the trading centre up to the lower section .while in the village they were joined by the group of v h t’s and Mr muwada the village chairman .
The group of v ht’s joined the Kibo staff and lead them to the different peoples homes in the village from the trading centre up to the lower section . They moved home to home while assessing the sanitation progress in the village .
David and Steven moved in a quite a number of homes about 60 because since they carried out the evaluation Tom and Enock were the people actively working in the village.
Therefore David and Steven wanted to monitor and assess the sanitation improvements
In the village.
After their movements in the different home they noted that the trading centre had maintained the good standards of hygiene and sanitation. But unfortunately in the lower section from the trading centre most homes were affected by the recent heavy rains and some of people’s latrine were down.
Therefore on that note David and Steven encouraged the homes which were affected to reconstruct stronger latrines by the use of stronger construction and roofing materials. The village chairman mr muwada advised the people in lower section who were affected to seek from him the better advise knowledge about the good construction methods of their stronger latrines in such tricky environments.
David advised the mostly affected homes to work hard to maintain and improve on their sanitation standards because it was a rainy season. He even went ahead and advised mr Muwada to always be taking a lead as the people who were affected by the heavy rains improves on their sanitation facilities.
More importantly was that most of the people who were affected requested David and Steven to give them a grace period of only the Christmas time . They said that they will be improving on their home facilities as soon as they finish celebrating their Christmas time .
In general from the 60 homes David and Steven visited in the trading centre had worked and maintained on their sanitation standards , except some of the homes in the lower section about 40 which were affected by the heavy rains.
- Participation Rating
- Village Critical Needs
- Good sanitation and clean water
- Village Action Steps
- It is to work and improve on their sanitation facilities
- Staff Action Steps
- It is to encourage every one even those in the lower section whose latrines were affected by the stronger winds and rains
- CLTS Progress
- Working on CLTS Program
- Sanitation Hygiene Committee
- Water Users Committee
- Other Class Notes
- Community Ownership
- Ownership Story
- The majority of the community members in trading centre have worked and improved on their sanitation standards except some from the lower section whose latrines were affected by the stronger winds and rains.
- Three Stone Fires
- Access to Clean Water
- Open Defecation
- Water Access Explain
- The borehole which is close to the people’s homes is far about 3km’s from where the residents stay.
- Prevent Ownership
- The members are lower section are just stubborn
- Allow Ownership
- The chairman along with the sanitation committee are concerned and love to change their village
- Village Notes
- There is still some cases of open deification because of those whose latrine were affected by the recent heavy rains and wind
Next Visit: 2019-12-14 - Purpose: To check the status of their home facilities