Water Sanitation and Hygiene - Nawampiti - Namutumba
Visit by David Balimunsi on 2019-03-04
- Report ID
- Created by
- David Balimunsi
- Created date
- 2019-03-05 04:06:38 UTC
- Modified by
- David Balimunsi
- Modified date
- 2019-03-05 06:27:21 UTC
- Trip Time
- 09:07-15:50 (6 h 43 m)
- Village Time
- 11:32-15:38 (4 h 6 m)
- Travel Time
- 2 h 37 m
- Which Survey
- Number Of Households
- Visits Purpose
- Facility improvements and standardization .
- Staff Attendees
- David Balimunsi,Steven Kambale
- Government Attendees
- LC1,LC3,VHT,Parish Councillor
- David and Steven were in Nawampiti village. They had gone to prepare the village for the end of program meeting in the village. When the Kibo staff reached the village they did not meet the village leaders. Because all the village leaders were away for the training at the Nsinze sub county .
Therefore David and Steven decided first to follow up on the homes which were left not meeting the standards before. However according to the Kibo staff,s assessments was that all the homes had improved and were meeting the Kibo standards.
After all that happened, the Kibo staff decided to drive up the Nsinze sub county were Jacob and the other village leaders were being trained from. At the sub county the Kibo staff met with the village leaders and discussed that the village leaders were to go back and organizing the village for the phasing out meeting. They promised the village leaders that the village meeting dates will be communicated to them through phone call any day that very month.
The Kibo staff continued with more discussions with the District Veterinary Doctor. David and Steven were pleased to hear from the veterinary doctors giving out a good report from Nabikenge village about the kitchen rearing and the kitchen hoops construction which lda had taught.
She said that the Kibo staff did a great job in nabikinge village . Therefore she requested through David and Steven that she had more ideas about the kitchen hoop construction. On that note if the Kibo staff would need her they would contact her any day any time for more better live stock lessons and agricultural skills . The Kibo staff promised the veterinary doctor that they will be discussing what he had told them through the Kibo meetings .
In general the hygiene and sanitation of the village was so good with no any case of open deification . Even in the homes which were left half way constructing and improving on their facilities.
- Program success
- Program critical needs
- Observed program ownership
- Both boreholes having good fences around .
- Other program observations
- Expectations of village
- To prepare for end of program meeting
- Staff preparations
- Following up on the village chairman through phone
Next Visit: 2019-03-20 - Purpose: Having a village meeting for the program phasing out of the village.