Water Sanitation and Hygiene - Bupaluka - Namutumba
Visit by David Balimunsi on 2019-03-13
- Report ID
- Created by
- David Balimunsi
- Created date
- 2019-03-14 04:49:32 UTC
- Modified by
- David Balimunsi
- Modified date
- 2019-03-14 06:06:20 UTC
- Trip Time
- 09:05-17:54 (8 h 49 m)
- Village Time
- 11:54-15:45 (3 h 51 m)
- Travel Time
- 4 h 58 m
- Which Survey
- Number Of Households
- Visits Purpose
- To update the samitation progress in the survey .
- Staff Attendees
- David Balimunsi,Steven Kambale
- Government Attendees
- LC1,LC2,VHT,Parish Councillor
- David and Steven were in Bupaluka village . Their intentions of going there was to update the sanitation progress in the homes which were reflected during the third evaluation with cases of open deification. When the Kibo staff reached the village, they found when all the village members had attended the water mission training.
Water mission is an organization also encouraging the the villages to take the good care of their boreholes as well as the digging of new boreholes.
Therefore David and Steven were not able to carry out their sanitation updates. However they just joined the water mission training which was going ahead near the church. The water mission two staff welcomed David and Steven in their training.
However David was not happy with how the water mission were carrying out their training because they only focused on two things the borehole fencing and the dish rack construction. David advised the water mission staff to also be minding on the improvements of the rest of the other home sanitation facilities .
The water mission staff as they were winding up with the training. They thanked the Kibo staff for the great work of sanitation improvement in the village. The Kibo staff also promised the members that they will be carrying out the updates for the homes with open deification another day.
In general the hygiene and sanitation of the entire village was good and the borehole status was also well maintained.Except for the committee members who needs to be reminded of their full roles and responsibilities towards their borehole.
- Program success
- The borehole has been taken good care of
- Program critical needs
- Reminding the committee f their responsibilities
- Observed program ownership
- The borehole had agood and stronger fence.
- Other program observations
- Expectations of village
- They will be having aborhole general ameeting
- Staff preparations
- To follow up on the village through phone calls
Next Visit: 2019-03-22 - Purpose: To have a village meeting aimed at reminding the entire village about their full responsibilities and ownership towards their borehole.