Water Sanitation and Hygiene - Bukoma A - Luuka
Visit by David Balimunsi on 2019-04-05
- Report ID
- Created by
- David Balimunsi
- Created date
- 2019-04-09 08:48:47 UTC
- Modified by
- David Balimunsi
- Modified date
- 2019-04-09 09:21:27 UTC
- Trip Time
- 09:07-17:42 (8 h 35 m)
- Village Time
- 11:42-15:37 (3 h 55 m)
- Travel Time
- 4 h 40 m
- Which Survey
- Number Of Households
- Visits Purpose
- Checking the sanitation progress of the village.
- Staff Attendees
- David Balimunsi,Steven Kambale
- Government Attendees
- David and Steven were in Bukoma village. They had gone to check on the borehole status as well as the sanitation status of the village.
While they were in the village they met some guys from the district who were carrying out the fumigation process. Among those there was the chairman of the village mr kagawa iginatius and mr mukose Gavembuga and salimah the area v h t .
They told David and Steven that they were unable to join them . They said that they had also lost their elder clan leader.
Mr mukose requested the Kibo staff to organize for another village visit because that day late in the evening they were also to attend the burial of their clan leader .Therefore the Kibo staff only went and visited the borehole. However the status of the borehole and the sock-pit were well maintained .
They left the village and headed to Jinja because the entire village was not well organized because of the burial arrangements and the fumigation process which was taking place in the village.
- Program success
- The borehole was well maintained
- Program critical needs
- Observed program ownership
- The good fence and sockpit well maintained
- Other program observations
- Expectations of village
- Maintaining the required sanitation standards
- Staff preparations
- To call the village checking about their progress
Next Visit: 2019-05-30 - Purpose: Monitoring the sanitation progress of the entire village