Health and Spiritual Empowerment - Ikumbya - Luuka
Visit by Ida Bazonoona on 2017-12-18
- Report ID
- Created by
- Ida Bazonoona
- Created date
- 2017-12-18 23:19:48 UTC
- Modified by
- Ben West
- Modified date
- 2018-02-09 16:11:54 UTC
- Trip Time
- 10:51-18:23 (7 h 32 m)
- Village Time
- 13:29-15:36 (2 h 7 m)
- Travel Time
- 5 h 25 m
- Participation Rating
- They have known the value of saving.
- Village Critical Needs
- They need Mvule program to train them the better way of saving. For now they use a wooden box which has no key and is kept at some woman's house which might be stolen at any time and problems start from there .
- Village Action Steps
- Continue monitoring the family of those orphans as the government does its responsibility of giving justice.
- Staff Action Steps
- Praying for this family especially the children who are going though a very challenging moment.
- Sanitation Hygiene Committee
- Water Users Committee
- Other Class Notes
- Community Ownership
- Ownership Story
- This community contributes some money from January to December for Christmas.Always on the 15th to 18th is when they give out the money collected. It happened that this year they gave on the 18th when Ida was on ground. Each one got that she/ he saved and there was no any complaints.
The best part of this story is that whoever contributed gave 2000 sh to the kids who lost their mother whom their dad killed.
The number of those who decided to contribute for Christmas is 48. The amount contributed towards the orphans was 96000 shillings.
Every one went back happily for having got an opportunity to show love to others.
- Three Stone Fires
- Access to Clean Water
- Open Defecation
- Water Access Explain
- Prevent Ownership
- Allow Ownership
- They have gone through many lessons that made them take ownership.
- Village Notes
- The community has taken the responsibility to help those in need.It is not only one family they are helping, but also help the old who live with them.
Health and Spiritual Empowerment Lesson
- Men Attendees
- Women Attendees
- Staff Attendees
- Ida Bazonona
- Government Attendees
- Visitor Attendees
- Rebecca Nambuya Bazonoona.
- Total Attendance
- Lesson Taught
- Bible Lesson 4: Loving others
- Ida went to Ikumbya and taught a lesson about Loving others. She told a story of Jesus Christ loving every one. Ida continued that as we are soon celebrating Christs birth, let everyone try hard to follow in his foot steps. Jesus came down from heaven with all his glory he chose to come down to our level, that man should understand the will of God. He is the richest because every thing belongs to him but he never bragged about what he had. He loved and showed mercy to those who were oppressed. He loved the women who were taken to be nothing in the community.He loved children who were also neglected. Jesus did all this to show us the right way to live with others in harmony.
During this time of waiting for the new born king, Ida encouraged the community to help those who need our help, to show mercy to the oppressed, love and forgive those who do bad things to us.
Jesus had the right to kill and destroy or send his killers to hell but in stead forgave them because of the love he had for them.
During this Christmas season,Ida encouraged them to do something good . Just as our Lord gave the live example and be examples to other communities.
Ida read a scripture from the Gospel of Mathew which says " What's so ever you do to the least of my brothers,that you do unto me". And they sang a song in line with the verse;
' when I was hungry you gave me to eat,when I was thirsty you gave me to drink and when I was naked you clothed me" " So now enter into the home of my father "
After this scripture and song the community decided to contribute 2000 shillings each person in the Christmas saving scheme and collected 96000 shillings to help the orphans whose mother was murdered by their father.