Water Sanitation and Hygiene - Naibowa - Kamuli
Visit by David Balimunsi on 2019-04-12
- Report ID
- Created by
- David Balimunsi
- Created date
- 2019-04-16 04:14:58 UTC
- Modified by
- David Balimunsi
- Modified date
- 2019-04-16 05:17:42 UTC
- Trip Time
- 09:17-23:40 (14 h 23 m)
- Village Time
- 11:38-15:20 (3 h 42 m)
- Travel Time
- 10 h 41 m
- Which Survey
- Number Of Households
- Visits Purpose
- Assessing the sanitation progress
- Staff Attendees
- David Balimunsi,Steven Kambale
- Government Attendees
- David and Steven were in Nabowa to continue encouraging the community members to improve on their sanitation status. While they were in the village they were joined by wakiso lsimayili and lubale the area paster to the different homes .
They started walking from lubale,s home towards the chairman,s place. David and Steven were so much encouraged because they were able to see some new sanitation facilities coming up in the different people homes . However David and Steven were so much encouraged with the way how the village members were improving on their sanitation facilities.
Therefore the Kibo staff kept on demonstrating for the members in those areas of greater need for their facility improvements and maintenances .
When David and Steven continued moving towards Joyce Namukasa’s zone ,they were more encouraged with the way how that zone had improved. They kept on encouraging the leader of that zone mis namukasa Joyce to continue reaching out those other homes which were still lagging behind.
They continued and advised the members who had a lot of flies in their latrines to control in by the use of ash .
However as the Kibo staff along with the team were crossing back to the last zone , they found some of the other sanitation committee members in the trading centre.
David requested the sanitation committee members in a small meeting to double their efforts by increasing on numbly of times they move home to home every week. The members assured David that they promised to do their level best.
In general the hygiene and sanitation of some homes has started improving. Except for the homes which needs to get improved more so to do with the challenge of some homes like mr wakasanke who abandoned his wife and the home.
- Program success
- Samitation facilities have started coming up .
- Program critical needs
- Every one working and improving
- Observed program ownership
- The sanitation commmittee members are so active
- Other program observations
- Expectations of village
- Working and improving on their facilities
- Staff preparations
- Calling the village checking the progress
Next Visit: 2019-04-22 - Purpose: Continuing encouraging everyone to improve on their sanitation status.