Health and Spiritual Empowerment - Naibowa - Kamuli
Visit by Ida Bazonoona on 2017-12-20
- Report ID
- Created by
- Ida Bazonoona
- Created date
- 2017-12-20 22:46:22 UTC
- Modified by
- Ben West
- Modified date
- 2018-02-09 16:11:54 UTC
- Trip Time
- 10:44-19:57 (9 h 13 m)
- Village Time
- 13:19-17:33 (4 h 14 m)
- Travel Time
- 4 h 59 m
- Participation Rating
- Women worked together and achieved their goals.
- Village Critical Needs
- They need stoves and if possible a borehole.
- Village Action Steps
- Continue doing the good work and avoid rumours that might lead them to destruction.
- Staff Action Steps
- Sanitation Hygiene Committee
- Water Users Committee
- Other Class Notes
- Community Ownership
- Ownership Story
- The women from this community came together and thought of what to do as a team.
They decided to make bricks for sale and now all the bricks are sold and each woman got her clean money. The majority bought clothes for Christmas.
Four bought mattresses and are happy now.
- Three Stone Fires
- Access to Clean Water
- Open Defecation
- Water Access Explain
- Prevent Ownership
- Allow Ownership
- Working together has made it possible for these women to develop.
- Village Notes
- The woman who was burned by fire is asking the church to pray for her and family to join them . She feels that the church has shown her much love and she wants to do the same to others.
Health and Spiritual Empowerment Lesson
- Men Attendees
- Women Attendees
- Staff Attendees
- Ida Bazonona
- Government Attendees
- Visitor Attendees
- Mark Ssekimpi Bazonoona
- Total Attendance
- Lesson Taught
- Bible Lesson 4: Loving others
- Ida went to Naibowa and taught about "Loving Others " She first asked the community the people they love, and they listed as follows:
Their parents, wives, husbands, children, friends,visitors, pastors,neighbors etc. Ida told a story of the birth of Jesus and the reason as to why God gave this precious gift of all gifts.
In the beginning God created everything on earth and saw that it was good. But because of the man's disobedience, He regretted why man was created. Still because of his continuous love, God gave us His only son as a living sacrifice to come and redeem us. Jesus bought us back with His life!
Ida asked if there was anyone in the room who could give up his son to be killed in the place of a criminal? No one raised a hand.
But God gave Jesus to be killed in order to save us the thieves, liars,murderers.harlots,and all of us sinners of every kind.
There is no greater love than this, giving your only son and dying for others and yet was not guilty.
Ida asked them to imitate what Jesus did. He loved every one even those who spat,mocked ,beat,kicked and killed him. Let's love those who hate us and do good to them. During this season of Christmas,Ida encouraged them to share with those who can't afford to get something to eat. She encouraged them to be born again in our behaviors.
Jesus came that we have life in abundance. Why should we again want to destroy our selves by drinking alcohol,fornicate,stealing and doing all sorts of bad things on Christmas?
Let's welcome our baby Jesus when we are clean inside and out.
Ida concluded by a song " Baby Jesus I love you and wished them a merry Christmas and a Happy new year.